Thursday, March 3, 2011

Talula

Welcome back!

(she mumbles to herself as the slack blogger plods her fingers down on the heavy keyboard) YAWN!

So, it's been a while since I've posted, but that doesn't mean that I haven't been eating. constantly. seriously. My body loves this mess of good food everywhere-eating 4 meals a day and snack in between. In the very beginning I would have these intense food cravings at 8pm, and finally I realized it was because my body was asking for more protein--a new one for me coming off of a vegan goal lifestyle. Yes, the changes have been monumental. Why the change you say? Well, legumes were the majority of my diet before, but I felt really bloated and weighted most of the time. Then my good friend, Meredith, started this Whole 30
and started to talk about all of the inflammitory nature of grains, legumes, & dairy (not to mention sugar). I also had a SEVERE addition to sugar, which doesn't help that I work with children and make ready to have candy on hand. Don't you start....

Here I am, twelve days into a meat, veggies, & fruits regimen and loving it! More food, more energy, more clarity.

Now, as to why I haven't been posting lately.
I'll claim my excuse is the regular ol' busyness. I did gain yet another challenge in all of my busyness though-traveling weekends on Paleo. Basically, I would cook like a mad women (not like I don't already) for a few days and stock pile a ton of food to carry in a cooler.

Breakfast Muffins (basically little quiches) with curry, eggs, spinach, red pepper, purple onion, & other spices...
.AND
BACON!!!
Folks, I can't really describe what it was, but when I started cooking up bacon for these muffins something came over me. NEVER in my life have I understood the folks who go crazy over bacon, until now. Say it's changing taste buds or the change in lifestyle ea
ting, but I am a changed woman. There is just something about the meaty crunch of a good bacon strip! Rawr!










Skillet Butternut Squash & Greens....just look at those greens!

It's so amazing how color food can be! Just look at the robust, vibrant red on the same plant as that deep tranquil green! Eye popping contrasts!






With the help of a few friends, I experienced a few gold mines in lil' Columbia, SC to enjoy a good meal out.

A good friend found out my new endeavor and sought me out to enjoy some good Indian food. Dehli Palace was great and offered an buffet. We met a few dancin' folk there and had a grand time. Though I did hear a rumor that there was a claimed "better" Indian place in Columbia. *scratchin' the scalp.*

However, by far, I cannot recommend this next place enough! The best lamb I've feasted my taste buds on in a LONG time. My mouth is watering just thinking of it! Mediterranean here I come! The meal came with rice or pita, but I asked them to hold both. On the left are the grilled veggie...yellow squash, zucchini, and more! On the right, LAMB!



For yet another traveling meal plannin':








MORE Coconut talk to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment